CASA will renovate the 16,000 square-foot building at 2706 Pulaski Highway. Services will be significantly expanded, allowing CASA to serve an additional 7,000 low-income residents annually, for a total of 11,000 a year.
Programs will include:
- An on-site vocational training lab with a focus on the healthcare, construction and IT fields;
- Expansion of employment placement and workforce development programs;
- Expansion of afterschool and youth leadership development programs;
- Expansion of ESOL programming to include intermediate and advanced levels;
- Increased capacity for tax preparation, financial literacy, citizenship classes, and legal services.
As of October 2018, CASA had raised all but $1M towards the project goal! Please help us reach our goal by donating – and leave a legacy for generations to come!
|Escrow – future costs||702,886|
|Total all costs||13,824,496|
Raza Development Fund**
The Reinvestment Fund***
Twain Financial Partners****
More than $2,000,000
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
Maryland Heritage Structure Historic Tax Credit Program
$1,000,000 to $1,999,999
State of Maryland
$250,000 to $1,000,000
Maryland Legal Services Corporation
*New Market Tax Credit Equity Investment Partner
**New Market Tax Credit Allocation
***New Market Tax Credit Allocation and Bridge Loan
****Historic Tax Credit Equity Investment Partner
Accounting. CohnReznick: Jacen Killebrew, Ira Weinstein
Civil Engineer. Michael J. Walkley, PA
Environmental Assessment. Remcon3, LLC
Design Architect. JRS Architects: Eric Shore, Ana Castro
General Contractor. Hamel Commercial Inc.
Historic and LEED Architect. Encore Sustainable Design: Ward Bucher, Nakita Reed
Legal. Gallagher Evelius and Jones LLP: Dave Raderman, Steve Goldberg, Terri Zseleczky, Matt Oakey
Project Manager. Organizational Assistance LLC: Bob Brehm
Structural Engineer. Albrecht Engineering, Inc.