CASA’s comprehensive citizenship initiative, includes citizenship education, mentoring and interview preparation, application assistance, and post-naturalization support. Through an innovative partnership with the AmeriCorps program , trained AmeriCorps members provide these services at various locations throughout the state. As a part of the citizenship program, CASA operates a low-interest micro-loan program to assist Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) afford the naturalization application fee. In addition CASA provides financial education assistance including tax preparation, individual counseling and workshops on issues such as: obtaining identification documents (Individual Tax Identification Number, passport, consular identification, and driver’s license), opening a bank account, debt analysis, financial planning, and creating a budget.
After making the great decision of becoming a U.S citizen, filling out your application for citizenship (Form N-400 Application for Naturalization) is the next step towards your goal. At CASA, we stand by ready to help you through the application process. All consultations are private and completely confidential. Our citizenship promoters can:
- Guide you through filling out the N-400 Application for Citizenship.
- Help you understand USCIS correspondence.
- Tell you where to go to obtain any necessary documents.
- Refer you to an immigration attorney, if you should you need one.
- Enroll you in a citizenship class.
- Mentor/tutor you to get you ready for your interview.
Citizenship Walk-in Hours (no appointment needed)
10:00 am – 11:00 am, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Rockville Welcome Center
14645 Rothgeb Dr.
Rockville, MD 20850
Our services fees are:
- Eligibility Analysis : Free for CASA members ( Meeting with an specialist to analyze your case and a complete a prescreen form, your prescreen form will be reviewed by a BIA accredited or Immigration Attorney)
- Preparing Citizenship application ( completing N400 form)
- No criminal Record ( No amendment required): $50.00
- Some criminal record (written addendum is required): $75.00
- Some criminal record (legal representation-G28- is advised): $175.00
- In addition to our Citizenship services we are offering assistance filling out:
- Completing application for certificate of Citizenship ( form N-600):
- $25.00 : if Citizenship application WAS prepared by New Americans Citizenship Project.
- $50.00: if Citizenship application WAS NOT prepared by New Americans Citizenship project.
- Completing application for renewing or replacing green card ( Form I-90) : $50.00
Many of our host organizations offer English and Citizenship classes. We strongly recommend you enroll in citizenship classes before submitting your N-400 Application in order to prepare yourself to take the required U.S. civics and history exam given during your interview. If you would also like to improve your English skills, many of our organizations also offer English classes at many levels.
Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in our Woodbridge office:
1455 Old Bridge Rd suite # 203, Woodbridge, VA 22192
Fridays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in our Office in Falls Church:
330-B S. Virginia Ave, Falls Church, Virginia
2. Classes in English: Mondays and Wednesdays (two classes per week during 10 weeks) from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in English. Classes begins on December 4th
3. Classes in Spanish: Tuesdays and Thursdays (two classes per week during 10 weeks ) from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in Spanish. Classes begins on December 5th
If you are interested in applying for courses please call
Falls Church: 571.320.1759
Our Citizenship Fairs are designed to be a “one-stop” workshop for legal permanent residents interested in becoming U.S. Citizens. At a Citizenship Fair, residents can obtain information about the naturalization process, receive assistance with the N-400 application, and have a brief legal consultation with an attorney.