COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
CASA's Communications Internship Program offers a front-seat experience in how journalism, social media, and outreach are used to uplift our community's underrepresented voices and provide broad exposure to social justice and human rights for immigrants nationwide.
The Internship Experience
Every semester, interns are guided under the mentorship of the CASA Communications Team and support public relations, social media, and project-based scopes of work. In addition, interns receive the opportunity to interact with other departments and the community to provide a personable and integrative experience and gain knowledge in writing and composition, media relations, event planning, market research and analysis, community relations, brand strategy, and marketing communications.
The internship is offered three times a year: Spring, Summer, and Fall. Each intern is encouraged to learn the basics of communications industry tools like Canva, Meltwater, Adobe Suite, Facebook Business Manager, and/or WordPress. For a culminating project at the end of the program, interns will develop a comprehensive communications campaign which will be presented to the team at the conclusion of the internship. The campaign will demonstrate skills attained throughout the internship program and add to the work portfolio of the intern.
The internship offers a $1,000 stipend and the opportunity to earn a resume review and career counseling.
- Dates/length of internship: Each internship session is 8-weeks long, convening on Mondays and Fridays 10 am-5 pm
- Location: This is a hybrid internship, mostly virtual and some in-person events and office days.
- Environment: Diverse and professionally enriching environment for interns to learn and grow.
- University credit: CASA is willing to work with students to arrange for university credit.
- Interested candidates should demonstrate: Passion for human rights and immigrant social justice and a desire to be strong writers, public speakers, graphic designers, web designers, journalists, editors, TV producers, and marketing and communications professionals.
- Required qualifications: Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills, a solution and team-oriented mindset, and a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus. Interns are expected to have a reliable internet connection, computer, and phone. Interns residing in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Georgia, are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered for the position please apply online and provide
- Cover letter
- Confirm if you are available Mondays and Fridays 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- State if you require college credit for the internship
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Application opens:
- Application closes:
- Week to inform decisions: If you require an earlier decision deadline due to university credit please include date in closing comments of application.
- Start of internship program: Monday, June 6, 2022
- End of internship program: Friday, August 5, 2022
For further questions reach out to email@example.com