Financial Education and Free Tax Services
CASA operates an integrated program of financial literacy, naturalization, and legal services.
Studies show that integrated services work. While providing naturalization application assistance, civics courses, legal support, and English instruction, CASA provides clients with financial education on topics such as:
- Developing a household budget and establishing savings
- Buying a home
- Naturalization fees affordability
- Credit counseling
- Individual financial counseling
- Tax preparation assistance
- Workshops on issues such as obtaining identification documents, opening a bank account, writing a check, using a debit card, debt analysis, financial planning, and obtaining and improving one’s credit score.
- Access to micro-loans and fee waiver applications for immigration processes.
We also help people with homeownership.
CreditSmart® 12-Module Financial Education Curriculum – No Certificate
Get Smart About Credit and Homeownership Today!
Utilize the CreditSmart consumer financial education online curriculum if you are considering homeownership for the first time or currently own a home and need information on how to avoid foreclosure. This interactive educational curriculum – available in English and Spanish – will teach you how to achieve your financial and homeownership goals.
- Understand the importance of building credit to secure your financial future
- Gain insight into how lenders assess your eligibility for a mortgage loan.
- Recognize the warning signs of predatory lending and scams.
- Learn the steps to successful homeownership.
- Safeguard your home and your finances against life’s unexpected challenges.
- Learn what to do if you ever have difficulty making your mortgage payments.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You WILL NOT RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE for this online course. If you are a first-time homebuyer who needs a certificate to pass the homebuyer education requirement for Home Possible mortgages, go to the Freddie Mac Steps to Homeownership online tutorial here.