Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Speaker Pelosi, and Leader Schumer Hold Press Call on One-Year Anniversary of House Passing American Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6)
4 June 2020, WASHINGTON, DC – On Thursday, June 4, 2020, at 11am ET, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus led by Chairman Joaquin Castro will hold a press call with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer to mark the one-year anniversary of the House passing the American Dream and Promise Act, and call for Senator McConnell to bring H.R. 6 for a vote. They will be joined by Senators Durbin and Menendez, H.R. 6 co-author Congresswoman Velázquez, a DACA recipient, and a TPS holder.
- Chairman Joaquin Castro (TX-20), Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer
- Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin
- Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey
- Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez (NY-7)
- Luz Chavez Gonzales, a DACA recipient
- Elizabeth Valencia, a TPS holder. CASA Member, and essential worker in the coronavirus wing of a nursing home
WHEN: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11am ET
WHERE: Listen to recording below
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC), founded in December 1976, is organized as a Congressional Member organization, governed under the Rules of the U.S. House of Representatives. The CHC is dedicated to voicing and advancing, through the legislative process, issues affecting Hispanics in the United States, Puerto Rico and U.S. Territories.
With over 100,000 members across the states of Maryland, Virginia, and South Central Pennsylvania, CASA is the largest member-based Latino and immigrant organization in the mid-Atlantic region. CASA organizes with and litigates on behalf of low-wage immigrants. Visit us at www.wearecasa.org and follow us on Twitter at @CASAforall