Department of Community Organizing
CASA conducts widespread regional outreach and organizes its members into local committees that develop individual and collective leadership to fight for social justice and human rights.
Current organizing campaigns are aimed at:
- Achieving comprehensive immigration reform to create paths to citizenship for the nation’s 11 million undocumented
- Immigrants; increasing access to higher education for immigrant youth through enforcement of the Maryland DREAM Act.
- Raising the minimum wage in Maryland to ensure a family-sustaining wage for immigrant workers.
- Protecting local families by challenging unjust immigration enforcement policies.
- Preserving low-income housing and improving job opportunities related to the construction of a new metro line.